Introducing HTML and CSS Introduction to HTML Introduction to CSS The A Tag Paths Quotes Lists - Ordered and Unordered Other Miscellaneous HTML Tags URL and Domain Names The img Tag The HTML Standard DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT
What will I learn?
- Understand HTML - its structure, and the commonly used tags
- Utilise CSS, including inheritance, selectors, the box model - the very topics that make CSS hard to use
- Use closures, dynamic prototyping, JSON, and the Document-Object-Model with confidence
About the course
What do we mean by that?
- Basic HTML: Folks stopped counting HTML as a language worth formally learning sometime in the 90s, but this is only partially justified. It always helps to have strong basics.
- CSS: Cascading Stylesheets are incredibly powerful, and incredibly hard to use - until you know how they really work. Once you understand inheritance and selection in CSS, it will all make a lot more sense.
Who should take the course?
- Yep! Folks who are absolutely new to web programming, and wish to learn HTML and CSS from scratch
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Any modern browser and a simple text editor are all that will be needed for the code examples