You, This course And Us Code for This Course
Course Outline and Pre-reqs Introducing DialogFlow The Big Picture Setting Up Dialogflow
Section Outline Creating Your First Agent Exploring Agent Settings Default Intents Smalltalk Custom Intents System Entities And Developer Entities Defining Developer Entities User Expressions for Intents Configuring and Testing the BookCars Intent Configuring and Testing the BookRooms Intent
Section Overview Contexts Follow up Intents Linear Dialogs Non-linear Dialogs Non-linear Dialogs continued
Section Outline Check Weather Intent Basic Setup Of Webhook Code Extracting Parameter Values And Structuring Responses Calling The Open Weather Map API Retrieving Weather Info From Open Weather Map Introducing Heroku Deploying Your Web Application Fulfillment Using Webhooks Configuring A Slack App Integrating Dialogflow With Slack Fulfillment Using Cloud Functions
hat will I learn?
- Build and deploy natural-sounding chatbots
- Design and build sound interaction models for your chatbots
- Deploy web apps to Heroku
- Develop third-party apps for Slack and other messaging platforms
About the course
Chatbots are voice-aware bots, i.e. computer programs designed to simulate human conversations with users. This course introduces Dialogflow, Google's conversational interface for bots, devices and applications.
- DialogFlow is state-of-the-art, launched in September 2016
- No deep learning or natural language processing expertise is needed to build even very complex bots
- Provides an intuitive way of specifying the conversational interface
- Automatically and dynamically adjusts conversational responses
- Easy to build, test and publish apps
- Supports one-click integration with other chat platforms such as Slack and Facebook
The big picture:
- How conversation flows in Dialogflow
- Intents, entities, contexts and their resolution into API calls
- Handling the flow of conversation using linear and non-linear dialogs.
- Using webhooks to fulfill user intents and how to connect to external services to respond to queries.
- Deploying a flask app to Heroku, and a Cloud Function to the Google Cloud Platform
- Integrating a bot with Slack
Who should take the course?
- Website and mobile app developers looking to add chat functionality
- Software developers looking to build sophisticated chatbots
- Developers of Facebook, Slack or other messaging platform apps looking to add chatbots to their apps
Pre-requisites & Requirements
- Basic proficiency at programming in Python